Camping in the Upper Moro, Deer Canyon and Upper Moro Campsites
For a detailed directory of all the sites, click here.Index to all Crystal Cove State Park Campsites
This is not beach camping. It is primitive camping. After you park your car in El Moro lot, you must hike inland about three miles, mostly uphill.
The trail is strenuous at times and is in the opposite direction from the beach. Some people report that it takes two hours to reach the campgrounds, one way, while others report six hours. You must pack everything in, including water, as well as pack everything out..
• No pets allowed
• Fires restricted to backpack stoves
• Sites include a picnic table and a pit toilet
• Limited cellular service
• Sites are only accessible by foot or bicycle
• Vehicles must be left in the parking lot
• No drinking water available
• No trash cans available
For further information, go to
To view a map of trails with distances and details, click here.